Lance Surety’s $1,500 College Scholarship [Closed]
Submissions to the 2016 Lance Surety Bonds Scholarship are now closed. The winner will be contacted on January 15, 2017 and publicly announced by January 30, 2017.
Lance Surety Bonds Associates is offering an annual $1,500 scholarship available to all students enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate degree program at any accredited college, university or trade school in the U.S. To apply for our scholarship, you have to submit an essay of minumum 500 words on one of the following topics:
- Topic: What would be your motivation to start a small business, if you could launch it right now?
- Topic: How does the U.S. economy benefit from surety bonds?
- Write an essay on a topic of your choice about one of the following businesses (Please, make sure the topic you select covers a major aspect of the industry such as starting a business, the current state of the field, the perks of the job,etc.):
- Auto Dealership
- Freight Brokerage
- Mortgage Brokerage
- Surety Bond Definition
- Surety Bond FAQ
- How To Launch a Car Dealership In Florida
- Auto Dealer Bond Guide
- How to Become a Successful Freight Broker
- Freight Broker Bond Guide
- Contractor License Bond Guide
- How To Become a Successful HVAC Contractor
- How To Become a Mortgage Broker In California
- Mortgage Broker Bond Guide
All undergraduate and graduate students enrolled at an accredited university, college or trade school in the U.S. We accept only one submission per person.
- Write an essay of minimum 500 words on one of the above-mentioned topics.
- Send your essay to [email protected] before December 15, 2016 and provide the following information about yourself:
- Full name
- Email address
- Phone number
- Accredited institution you are currently attending or are interested in attending
- Year in school
We will use the above information to contact you only if we have questions about your submission or if we have selected you as a winner.
All essays should be submitted before December 15, 2016.
The winner will be selected based on the following criteria:
- Relevancy - your essay should be relevant to one of the topics we’ve suggested
- Uniqueness - all essays should be your original work and should not be copied from anywhere else
- Professionalism - your text should be informative and well-written
- Creativity - your essay should be creative and interesting for the reader
We will start reviewing all entries on December 16, 2016. All essays will be carefully reviewed by our own staff, and the winner will be selected based on the criteria just described.
One student will be awarded a $1,500 prize towards his or her studies.
The winner will be selected on January 15, 2017 and will be contacted personally on the same day. The winner will be publicly announced on our blog before January 30, 2017.
Lance Surety's Scholarship Department is pleased to announce the winner of 2015 Lance Surety’s $1,500 College Scholarship!
It's Julia Price, a first year Graduate Student and Ph.D. Candidate at the University of California Irving. You can read more about her here.
Lance Surety Bond Associates is a surety bond agency that helps startups and businesses get bonded across the U.S. We work with A-Rated and T-Listed surety bond companies and are able to write all types of surety bonds nationwide.
By offering our annual scholarship, we want to share our success and help talented young students reach their educational goals.
We take your privacy seriously. Your personal information will never be shared with any third parties. We will never send you any promotional emails or other types of communication unrelated to our scholarship.
By submitting your essay to [email protected], you transfer all rights of ownership of the text to Lance Surety Bond Associates for the aforementioned essay regardless of whether you are selected as a winner or not. We reserve the right to re-publish all submitted essays.
The winner will be selected by Lance Surety Bond Associates based on the relevancy, uniqueness, quality and creativity of the essay. The winner will be contacted via the email address submitted with his or her entry and will be confirmed only after providing proof of educational enrollment. Only a letter from an accredited United States university, college or trade school, or a copy of a current tuition bill will be accepted as proof of enrollment. Once the winner is selected and enrollment is confirmed, Lance Surety Bond Associates will publicly announce the news on the company's blog, and transfer the winner the scholarship award.