PA Recreational Vehicle (RV) Dealers
On 9 October 2008, Pennsylvania Governor Ed Rendell signed 10 bills into law, one of which, Senate Bill 1019, pertained to Pennsylvania Recreational Vehicle (RV) Dealers.
The two major takeaways from SB 1019 are as follows:
- Any person who wishes to act as an RV dealer in the state of PA is required to purchase/post a $30,000 license bond (a type of commercial surety bond). This is obviously only required of RV dealers that have not already posted a license bond with the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation (PennDOT). The license bond is required by RV dealers to ensure they comply with all the pertinent laws and regulations in the state.
- SB 1019 (PA) also gives the Pennsylvania State Board of Vehicles the authority necessary to discipline out-of-state RV dealers that choose to violate Pennsylvania law.
The following two tabs change content below.
Robin Kix is currently the Renewal Department Manager. Since joining Lance Surety in 2014, she has helped thousands of businesses throughout the nation remain compliant at the federal, state and local level. She has significant experience supporting commercial bond lines, particularly in the automobile, transportation and construction industries. Robin and her team work together to create a positive customer service experience at the time of every policy renewal, whether that be finding the best pricing or offering additional assistance.
Latest posts by Robin Kix (see all)
- Freight Broker Training - April 15, 2022
- Calling All Louisiana Dealers: Time to Renew Your Bonds - February 16, 2022
- Hurry Up, Nebraska Auto Dealer Bonds Expire in Less than Two Months - February 16, 2022