PA Recreational Vehicle (RV) Dealers
On 9 October 2008, Pennsylvania Governor Ed Rendell signed 10 bills into law, one of which, Senate Bill 1019, pertained to Pennsylvania Recreational Vehicle (RV) Dealers.
The two major takeaways from SB 1019 are as follows:
- Any person who wishes to act as an RV dealer in the state of PA is required to purchase/post a $30,000 license bond (a type of commercial surety bond). This is obviously only required of RV dealers that have not already posted a license bond with the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation (PennDOT). The license bond is required by RV dealers to ensure they comply with all the pertinent laws and regulations in the state.
- SB 1019 (PA) also gives the Pennsylvania State Board of Vehicles the authority necessary to discipline out-of-state RV dealers that choose to violate Pennsylvania law.
The following two tabs change content below.
Victor Lance is the founder and president of Lance Surety Bond Associates, Inc. He began his career as an officer in the U.S. Marine Corps, serving two combat tours. As president of Lance Surety, he now focuses on educating and assisting small businesses throughout the country with various license and bond requirements. Victor graduated from Villanova University with a degree in Business Administration and holds a Masters in Business Administration (MBA) from the University of Michigan's Ross School of Business.
Latest posts by Victor J. Lance, President/Owner (see all)
- How to Get a Texas Dealer License - March 30, 2021
- How to Get a California Money Transmitter License [2021 Guide] - March 26, 2021
- 🚚 How to Become a Freight Broker in 2021: Your Ultimate Guide - March 26, 2021