Spring into an Oregon Outfitter Guide Bond!
Let’s paddle into some of the requirements:
- Registering by submitting a completed application each year with the State Marine Board. $150 for Oregon residents
- United States Coast Guard Operator License for operating in navigable waters.
- Insurance to cover an injury, or property damage.
- $5,000 Surety Bond if accepting payment for a service(s) over $100 per person.
- First Aid/CPR Certification(s).
A detailed list of requirements can be viewed here.
Why do I need insurance, and a surety bond? Insurance covers injury to a guide or customer. A Surety Bond protects the public from dishonest business practice(s). A Surety Bond ensures the outfitter guide will comply with all the rules and regulations. It benefits customers of the outfitter guide who pay for a service(s) to be given. The bond protects a customer(s) if the outfitter guide failed to give back the deposit after cancellation of a service(s) and/or other failure to provide a service(s).
For more information please visit the official website of the State of Oregon.
If you’re going to be guiding recreational activities, let Lance Surety Bond Associates, Inc. help check one of the requirements off your list by writing your Oregon Outfitter Guide Bond! We can get you approved in as little as just minutes by completing our application . Still have questions? It is our pleasure to help you through the bonding process! Please contact us at 877-514-5146, or [email protected]
Latest posts by Jen Crockett (see all)
- Spring into an Oregon Outfitter Guide Bond! - May 2, 2017
- $25,000 Louisiana Cosmetology School Bond Increase Becomes Effective August 1, 2016 - September 7, 2016
- Invasive Species in Lake Minnetonka Bond Requirement - July 7, 2016