$25,000 Louisiana Cosmetology School Bond Increase Becomes Effective August 1, 2016
Louisiana Cosmetology Schools bond SB 183 has designed on 5/27/2016 to require cosmetology schools that charge for tuition has increased from $5,000 to $30,000. This will become effective August 1, 2016.
Where the present law lays the foundation for Louisiana State Board of Cosmetology definitions, regulation, and authority; the new submitted law outlines and clarifies esthetician specialists, and management duties. Some of the sketched laws that were put forward include:No use of graters or blades for callous or skin removal for manicures.
- No use of graters or blades for callous or skin removal for manicures.
- Owners will be required to hire one or more licensed cosmetology manager(s) that are present during hours of operation to ensure each person practicing cosmetology is properly licensed, and following the rules and regulations.
The present law states:
- Any unlicensed cosmetology owner, manicurist owner, and esthetics owner shall hire a licensed manager who is not absent more than two days per week.
- Produces requirements for application of a cosmetology school certificate of registration.
Why the $25,000 increase of the bond seems negative due to it being a higher liability; it has some positive reinforcement for both the school and students:
- For Louisiana Cosmetology schools: Financially growing, and therefore a higher bond needs to be in place.
- For students: It is a nice guarantee if the responsibilities of the school(s) cannot be fulfilled.
For more information on this bond requirement consult the website of the Louisiana State Legislature.
Do you live in the state of Louisiana? Are you the owner of a Cosmetology school? Are you being required to have a school bond? If you answered YES to all three questions, Lance Surety Bond Associates, Inc. is able to write this bond you are being required to obtain! Additionally, we have the experience in writing different types of school bonds, and it is our pleasure to help you with your bonding requirements! Complete our simple online application that will take you just minutes, or call 877-514-5146 today! We are confident we can provide you with a free competitive quote that will make you happy at no obligation! What do you have to lose?
Latest posts by Jen Crockett (see all)
- $25,000 Louisiana Cosmetology School Bond Increase Becomes Effective August 1, 2016 - September 7, 2016
- Invasive Species in Lake Minnetonka Bond Requirement - July 7, 2016
- Iowa Increases Motor Vehicle Dealer Bond by $25,000 - June 24, 2016